Serial RS232 port 16*2 LCD display iRS-LD
Welcome to iRS-LD and iRS-LD-DAQ. These boards are Serial LCD boards.
iRS-LD is only Serial LCD board while iRS-LD-DAQ is having additional 16
input output pins which can be used for Data Acquisition purposes apart from
using it as regular serial LCD.
Features of iRS-LD Serial LCD board –
1. RS232 based serial LCD.
2. Can be connected directly to COM port of any computer or laptop.
3. On board TTL connections also to connect to any MCU.
4. Can be used for 16*2 LCD. ( other options also will shortly be provided)
5. Simple commands to use full functionality of LCD. No need to know how to
6. Up to 16 Digital I/Os including 4 ADC channels (having 10 bit resolution)
are provided for Data Acquisition purpose. ( only for iRS-LD-DAQ board.)
7. 9-12 V dc power supply can be used. 5V regulator is provided on board.
8. Back Light of LCD can be controlled directly by software command.
9. On board power supply LED for visual indication.
There are all type of commands to play with your serial LCD. Like Clear display, Set cursor to any position, display your lines, display your splash screen, display blink, display ON or OFF etc.
One unique feature is that of displaying Marquee. You can display Marquee on First line of the display, which can be very useful to show important messages in a product any time.
You can even program your own Splash Screen which is shown immediately after power on by sending simple commands.
Apart from your PC, you can also use this Serial LCD board with any popular MCUs like AVR, PIC, ATMEL 89C51 etc. using on board Rx & Tx TTL lines.
You can also connect to your popular boards like Arduino, RaspberryPi, ST Discovery boards, TI LaunchPads etc very easily.